Research shows us that between 70-85% of buying decisions are actually made at the point of purchase. Color is one of the most crucial decisions you can make for your packaging because, if used properly and intelligibly, it:
- Helps cut through marketplace clutter
- Provides the extra appeal that can solidify a ring at the register
- Enhances other design elements, such as shape, feel, finish, and graphics
- Triggers "sensorial cues" evoking consumer thoughts and perceptions of taste, smell, feel and sometimes even sound
"We live in an age of “sound bites” where consumers don’t always read the messages on the package," notes renowned color expert and color forecaster, Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute. "This is also an "iconic age", where people are more accustomed to icons when expressing concepts or directions. It’s a visual, often non-verbal world and color is a vital part of that communication link."
Pantone’s recent addition of new colors for graphic design gives every packaging designer 112 new opportunities to:
- Tell new color stories
- Grab attention
- Stand out
- Evoke emotion
- Drive sales
Below are just a few examples of the new colors and what they say without speaking a word:
The 112 new colors can be found in our most popular graphic products:
Illustrates 1,867 Pantone Spot Colors (PMS) with their corresponding ink formulations. Use for color inspiration and specification when designing logos and branding, marketing materials, and packaging.
||Color Bridge Guides:
Provides a side-by-side visual comparison of Pantone Spot Colors vs the closest CMYK process printing match with corresponding CMYK, Hex, and RGB values. Use for digital design, animation, and packaging.
Include all PMS colors as sharable, perforated chips. Use for specifying color onto design files when sharing, adding color into design palettes, mood boards, and product sketches, and for approving color on press.
Our 112 new colors are also available as Plastic Standard Chips:
Plastic chips are ideal for use in packaging and product design:
- 3” x 1.875” size allows ample surface area to handle, scan, measure, and evaluate
- Offered as durable polypropylene but available custom-made as any plastic substrate, transparent, or pearlescent
- Includes starting pigment formulation for easy replication
- Two thicknesses per chip
- Dual finishes – glossy on one side and matte on the other
Color is one of the most crucial decisions you can make for your packaging, so choose wisely!
Contact us at 866.PANTONE with any questions.