EXTENDED GAMUT Coated Guide
- 1,729 PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM® Colors simulated in seven-color process
- Colors are printed using CMYK plus Orange, Green and Violet
- Perfect for packaging, labels, tags and anywhere a wider gamut of color is required in process printing
Extend your Color Expectations!
At Pantone, helping color professionals achieve the best color output is one of our highest priorities. Brand logos and standards that often include multiple spot colors can present printing challenges, and in order to save time and money, a CMYK process could be one option. Designers and printers have used the PANTONE COLOR BRIDGE® Guide for many years as an excellent resource to help determine how closely a CMYK process color could match to a specific PANTONE® Spot Color. Now, thanks to the advancements in process printing technology, the PANTONE PLUS SERIES EXTENDED GAMUT Coated Guide provides more color matching assistance and choices for everyone like never before.
Pantone’s PLUS SERIES EXTENDED GAMUT Coated Guide is printed with an extremely high quality, seven-color printing process using existing Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black (CMYK) inks plus commonly used Orange, Green and Violet (OGV) inks that ‘extend’ the color gamut significantly. Compare these new seven-color simulations to PANTONE Spot Colors and see how much closer you can get!
This product includes a free download of PANTONE COLOR MANAGER Software, a $49 value, upon product registration. This powerful software allows you to import and preview PANTONE PLUS SERIES EXTENDED GAMUT Coated Guide Colors in your favorite design applications. Learn More.
Learn more about the Extended Gamut Guide and printing benefits. Click here.
- 1,729 seven-color process simulations of PANTONE Solid Colors on coated stock
- Closest seven-color process match with sRGB* values
- Screen tint percentages displayed as viewed under D50 lighting (5000° K)
- Colors bleed off page edges for ease and accuracy when comparison checking
- Portable fan guide format
- Most commonly used, 100 lb. text-weight paper stock
- PANTONE COLOR MANAGER Software for updating PANTONE Colors in popular design applications
- Color locator index
- Each color identified with a distinct PANTONE EXTENDED GAMUT Coated (XGC) Number and/or name
*the “s” in sRGB denotes Standard RGB.
- PANTONE EXTENDED GAMUT Coated Guide Colors are highly achievable by printers through the seven-color process
- Adding Orange, Green and Violet to CMYK substantially increases the overall possible color range
- Affordable alternative solution for designs requiring multiple spot colors
- Save money and time with fewer pre-production approval rounds
- Seven-color process uses industry standard CMYK-OGV inks
- Screen tint percentages serve as a starting point for adjusting the color match, if desired
- Displays PANTONE EXTENDED GAMUT Coated Colors on the most popular paper stock
- Portable format provides convenience and fast access to color data
View tutorial videos
- TC:00:00:00 - TC:00:00:19
- At Pantone, we’ve lived the realities of frequent industry printing challenges.
- And understand that matching true spot colors isn’t always easy or affordable.
- After 50 years of setting the industry standard in color communication… we’ve created a guide to close the spot vs. process color printing gap.
- TC:00:00:20 - TC:00:00:34
- Introducing the PANTONE® PLUS SERIES EXTENDED GAMUT Coated Guide
- A new color communication guide for designers and printers that brings printing closer to PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM® Colors.
- TC:00:00:35 - TC:00:00:44
- Guide Features:
- 1,729 seven-color simulations
- Convenient, portable fan guide format
- Better spot color matches than CMYK
- CMYK vs. EXTENDED GAMUT:
- TC:00:01:00 - TC:00:01:07
- Advantages for designers:
- •communicate color more effectively
- •more vibrant color options
- •fewer rounds of approval
- •easy design software integration
- TC:00:01:11 - TC:00:01:20 ADVANTAGES FOR PRINTERS
- •no special inks required
- •consistent color results
- •fewer change overs
- •more productivity
- TC:00:01:20 - TC:00:01:39
- Using the Guide: Select desired color from a current PANTONE® PLUS SERIES FORMULA GUIDE.
- Locate page number.
- Find corresponding color in the EXTENDED GAMUT Coated Guide.
- And specify the EXTENDED GAMUT color in the artwork for your printing partner.
- TC:00:01:41 - TC:00:01:46
- Available now [PANTONE LOGO]
PANTONE® and other Pantone trademarks are the property of Pantone LLC. Pantone LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of X-Rite, Incorporated. © Pantone LLC, 2015. All rights reserved.
You May Also Like: