I exported libraries from PANTONE Color Manager for my Adobe applications, but I cannot ‘find’ a color. Why?
The 'find' function in Adobe applications does not currently work with libraries exported from PANTONE Color Manager. This problem has been fixed in development; however, it is dependent on a new release of PANTONE Color Manager to permanently correct it.
There is a temporary workaround available for both Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign as follows:
- Open PANTONE library
- Click arrow on palette window and select 'view as list'
- Click arrow and select 'sort by name'
- Palette is sorted numerically. This must be repeated with each new session of Illustrator.
- Locate desired color in PANTONE color guide or chip book
- Identify three-digit PANTONE color in closest proximity to desired color.
- Search for three-digit color - the search will work properly.
- Scroll up or down to locate target color. Exported library follow same chromatic arrangement as PANTONE guide or book.
There is currently no workaround for this in Adobe Photoshop.