In PANTONE Color Manager, What does it Mean When I Get a Message that Access to a Fan Deck has Expired?
If you receive a notice that your access has expired, you need to reinstall all of the PANTONE Fan Deck libraries. This problem will be permanently corrected in the next release of PANTONE Color Manager.
In the interim, to reinstall the fan deck libraries, do the following:
- Go to Macintosh HD/Users/(username)/Library*/Application Support/PANTONE/PantoneColorManager
- From the above location, delete the PantoneLIVE folder
- Restart PANTONE Color Manager. You will see notice that the PANTONE Fan Deck libraries are out of date; click on 'click here' to start the update process.
- Click update when prompted to apply the updates. The problem will be resolved.
*Under Mac OSX 10.9 (aka Mavericks) or 10.10 (aka Yosemite), the Library folder is hidden. You will need to adjust your System Preferences to view hidden files using the following procedure:
- Open Finder
- From the View menu at the top of the screen, choose as columns to open the Finder window in column view.
- In the left-hand column, select your Hard Disk
- In the next column, select Users
- In the next column, select your User name Folder
- Hold command key
- Click on Go Menu at the top of the screen
- Select Go to Folder
- Release command key
- In the Go dialog,type in library
- Click on the Go button. Contents of Library folder will be displayed, and you may proceed from step 1 above.