How can I profile my iPhone screen using PANTONE Color Manager and myPANTONE?
- Download the myPANTONE 2.1 application from the iTunes Store.
- A wireless network is necessary for profiling. Your device and computer must be on the same network.
- Turn off dynamic brightness on the mobile device.
- Use of a supported device is required as listed below:
- ColorMunki Photo or Design Spectrophotomenter
- ColorMunki Display colorimeter
- i1 Pro Spectrophotometer
- i1 Display Pro colorimeter
- i1 Display 2, i1 Display LT or ColorMunki Create colorimeter
- Connect your color measurement device to your computer.
- Launch PANTONE Color Manager and open the 'Displays' dialog
- Connect the mobile device to the same local network as the computer and launch the myPANTONE application. Do not let the device dim or turn off until you are finished setting up the device in PANTONE Color Manager.
- The mobile device will appear in the 'Displays' window of PANTONE Color Manager. If it does not appear, verify it is on the same network. Note: It is possible the last mobile device used in PANTONE Color Manager will appear, even if it is not currently on the network. Be sure to select the correct device.
5. Select the mobile device, then the measurement device.
6. Select 'Profile' in the myPANTONE window.
7. Follow the prompts in PANTONE Color Manager to measure the displayed colors and create a profile.
8. A 'Display Calibration' message will appear on the device asking if you want to profile the display. Select 'Yes'.
9. Follow the onscreen instructions in PANTONE Color Manager. When the process is finished, the new profile will be used with myPANTONE on the mobile device. It is a good idea to re-calibrate every 30 days. PLEASE NOTE: This profile will be active within the myPANTONE 2.1 application ONLY - it has no effect on the general display of color on your device in other applications.
Export CMYK to a mobile device
PANTONE Color Manager allows you to export CMYK values to your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch using the myPANTONE 2.0 (or later) application. Generating ICC-based CMYK values that are specific to your workflow will optimize the colors you see on your mobile device.
Download the myPANTONE application from the iTunes App Store
A wireless network is necessary to complete this process.
The mobile device must be active throughout the process or it will fail.
Launch PANTONE Color Manager