Restoring myPantone access in
We’re working to restore your access.
With PANTONE Studio update 3.0.3, customers who had myPANTONE for iOS should have their access restored to all colors and Lab values. If you received the update and are still not seeing full access, and have not subscribed, please do the work around steps below.
Why wasn’t access restored automatically?
It seems that the latest update (or our prior one) is not recognizing you as previously owning myPANTONE because it can’t find your purchase receipt. Receipts from Apple are not consistently updated and stored on your phone, and to restore your access they need to be updated. The easiest way to prompt the system to update receipts is to make a purchase, cancel it, and restart the app, which will prompt the Apple App Store to update your history and recognize you previously purchasing myPANTONE.
If you purchased myPANTONE using iTunes credit.
If you purchased myPANTONE using iTunes credit, this fix will not work. We are working to find a solution, but do not try this if you purchased using iTunes Credit.
Instructions to Restore Access.
Below are the instructions along with images of the step by step process to achieve this. Please make sure you are following this step by step as we are going to sign you up for a subscription and then cancel this subscription. In this process, you are not charged but this will prompt the system to update receipts from past purchases.
1. From Home screen of app please select the wheel icon for Settings page.
2. Please select “START YOUR FREE TRIAL”. You will be prompted to select either the monthly or annual subscription. It does not matter which you choose as we are going to cancel this right after making sure you are not charged! You will have to enter your Apple ID password here.
3. Once you have set up and confirmed a subscription you will need to then cancel this subscription. To do this, please select “MANAGE SUBSCRIPTION”. This will prompt you to enter your Apple ID Password again and lead you into your iTunes.
If you are on an iPad
Some users on iPad have received an error when they select Manage Subscription. If you receive an error:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPad.
- Tap on iTunes & App Store.
- Tap on your Apple ID at the top.
- Choose View Apple ID from the popup menu.
- Enter your password if/when prompted and tap on OK.
- Tap on Manage under Subscriptions.
4. Here it will show subscriptions, select the PANTONE Studio Active subscription.
5. Turn off “Automatic Renewal”
6. This will give the screen looking like this and you will have turned off the subscription leaving you on the free trial basis. Click “Done” in upper right hand corner.
From here please restart the app, go through our onboarding again, and upon launch you should have full access to the colors and Lab values, and will no longer prompted to subscribe. This will allow access to all the data you had before as well as the new features in Pantone Studio.
You will have confirmation that this worked if you receive a letter of apology in the app during onboarding. If you did not receive this letter, then the process may not have worked correctly.
We’re really sorry for not communicating our launch of PANTONE Studio ahead of time and for disrupting your access to color, and we truly appreciate your patience for dealing with this fix. If you go through this process and it doesn’t work, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. We will make every effort to respond to your inquiry as soon as we can within five business days.
The Pantone Studio team