PANTONE VIEW Colour Planner Winter 2010/2011 Offers a Rich Mosaic of Color Choices
Multi-discipline Forecast Provides Global Color Direction Across Fashion, Cosmetics, Lifestyle, Graphic and Industrial Design Industries
CARLSTADT, N.J., March 30, 2009 - Pantone, an X-Rite company (NASDAQ: XRIT), and the global authority on color and provider of professional color standards for the design industries, today announced the release of the winter 2010/2011 edition of the PANTONE® VIEW Colour Planner, its cross-discipline color forecasting tool, titled "Mosaic."
Our world is a rich mosaic, born from varying elements that create a whole. Mosaics can reflect cultural, geographical and political differences, yet still coordinate all these disparate themes. Mosaics are a practical and eco-efficient way of integrating previously used elements or materials to create something new and unique. While mosaics are a record of the past, new technologies continue to re-invent future usage.
The PANTONE View Colour Planner Winter 2010/2011 explores the idea of mosaics to examine the patterns of life, the environment and the imagination. It offers a multitude of surprising and unending color patterns and combinations that can be formed – whether abstract or planned, playful or studied, simple or complex, unrelated or inter-connected, accidental or organized, throwaway or precious, haphazard or interwoven, freeform or deliberate, spontaneous or thoughtful.
"In this current retail climate, thoughtful and creative uses of color are that much more important. Now more than ever, designers need to come up with new ways to attract the consumer's attention," said Laurie Pressman, vice president of fashion, home and interiors at Pantone. "The palettes in Mosaics spark the imagination and help users create ingenious color compilations that enchant the eye and tantalize the consumer to buy. PANTONE VIEW Colour Planner provides the insightful direction designers need to make smart, savvy color decisions and thrive in these uncertain times."
PANTONE VIEW Colour Planner Winter 2010/2011 showcases eight palettes for use in women’s wear, menswear, active wear, cosmetics, lifestyle, industrial design and graphics:
- Molecular is an exploration into a mood that is not somber, but vibrant and glowing and in constant re-interpretation of itself. It represents a whole world built and organized around a mosaic, with faceted and unified parts. Deep, deep darks have never been more enticing, more positive, more promising and exciting to play with.
- Think of old mosaic shop signage, imperial clothes and palaces, or other architectural elements. Strip away the years. With every layer that is removed, you will be closer to Byzantine. Take your time and have faith. Select special ingredients and render with precision.
- Macrobiotic tones, dehydrated and preserved greens, and toasted nuances are all joined in a botanical mosaic as we open our surroundings to vegetation in Urban Field. Let it grow in our rooms, settle on furniture and items to naturalize them, and decorate our garments.
- To imitate, to resemble, but also to dissimulate are key ideas in Mimetic. At close range, it can look like a disorderly arrangement of bits and touches of colors, but seen from a distance, they form an organized whole image.
- Foundation colors are rediscovered and revised in Deconstructing/Reconstructing. We need to dismantle to understand how to give a second life. Embrace familiar colors that always work – traditional navy, bottle green, pillar box red, ecru and mid grey. Don’t discard them, but blend and intertwine them in innovative ways.
- In Neuro Networks, science walks in parallel with spiritual matters. Celestial and ethereal nuances are materialized in subtle high-tech or elegant raw aspects. Serene energy is conveyed through benevolent greys, transparent blues, skin beiges, aura mauve and immaterial yellow.
- For Multiple Identity, think of the physical changes in skin, of how emotional or corporeal responses alter states. The texture mutates and temperatures rise or fall. Think of eye color after tears or no sleep, in bright sunlight or candlelight.
- The vivid mosaic of the heavens and the great cycles that represent a continuity of genesis make up Universe. Visions of dynamic waves and veils of saturated, layered colours are studded with starry accents, all set against the beauty of black – a versatile and unusually rich palette that delivers real design gymnastics.
Published bi-annually, 18-24 months ahead of the season, the PANTONE VIEW Colour Planner is based on the PANTONE FASHION + HOME Color System, the most widely used and recognized color standard in the world. It is produced by a team of leading visionaries from all over the world with expertise in different disciplines, providing a comprehensive color forecasting service for multiple design areas, including men’s and women’s apparel, beauty, lifestyle, graphic and industrial design. Within each of the season’s most directional color palettes, a general introduction outlines the colors included and the philosophy behind them. In addition, a specific breakdown of each palette covers harmonies, suggested color combinations, and suitable patterns and fabrics according to end use. Individual color swatch cards for all 65 colors are also included.
Pricing and Availability
The PANTONE VIEW Colour Planner Winter 2010/2011 is available immediately for an SRP of U.S. $750 from Pantone directly at www.pantone.com, or from PANTONE distributors nationwide. Call (888) PANTONE for a list of distributors. PANTONE VIEW Colour Planner is published bi-annually by Metropolitan Publishing BV.
Pantone, a wholly owned subsidiary of X-Rite, Incorporated, has been the world’s color authority for 45 years, providing design professionals with products and services for the colorful exploration and expression of creativity. Always a source for color inspiration, Pantone now offers designer-inspired products and services for consumers. More information is available at www.pantone.com.
X-Rite, Incorporated, is the global leader in color science and technology. The company, which now includes color industry leader Pantone, develops, manufactures, markets and supports innovative color solutions through measurement systems, software, color standards and services. X-Rite’s expertise in inspiring, selecting, measuring, formulating, communicating and matching color helps users get color right the first time and every time, which translates to better quality and reduced costs. X-Rite serves a range of industries, including printing, packaging, photography, graphic design, video, automotive, paints, plastics, textiles, dental and medical. For further information, please visit www.xrite.com.
PANTONE® and other Pantone, Inc. trademarks are the property of Pantone, Inc.
© Pantone, Inc., 2009. All rights reserved.