Pantone LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of X-Rite, Incorporated, is the world-renowned authority on color and provider of color systems and leading technology for the selection and accurate communication of color across a variety of industries. The PANTONE® name is known worldwide as the standard language for color communication from designer to manufacturer to retailer to customer.
X-Rite is the global leader in color measurement and color management, offering hardware, software and services for measuring, formulating and matching color. The company serves a range of industries, including automotive, paints, plastics, textiles, printing, packaging, photography, graphic design, video, and medical. X-Rite serves customers worldwide from its offices in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
To apply for jobs within the X-Rite/Pantone company, you will need to submit your application through the applicant tracking tool of our parent company, Danaher.
We are seeking a Logistics Manager that, along with other operational leaders, reports directly to the Vice President of Operations. This role supports daily production operations by ensuring the accuracy and on-time delivery of customer orders at the lowest cost possible. The primary job responsibilities are to formulate and execute a strategic plan for global logistics in support of Pantone’s business requirements and daily supervision of team of five that include Inventory Control, Assistant Supervisor and three pick/pack/ship associates. Key objectives include ensuring CVD/KPI metric performance, maintaining and lowering costs while making improvements, and ensuring all internal & external compliance requirements.
- Ensure zero OSHA recordables.
- Ensure the accuracy and an on-time delivery of daily truck and parcel shipments at a goal of 95%.
- Conduct daily management to monitor performance and use problem solving to drive continual improvement.
- Manage a diverse team of logistics personnel and establish staffing requirements to best meet the needs of the business.
- Negotiate with suppliers and customers on logistics costs and process issues. Develop best practices, communicate and launch improvement initiatives to improve CVD/KPI performance and lower costs.
- Analyze monthly freight spend to ensure that lowest cost options are used for all shipments. Perform provider RFQ’s for all modes and leverage Danaher rates to select carriers that provide the most economical shipment options.
- Ensure inventory accuracy via cycle counting & annual physical inventory at a 99% accuracy goal. Use problem solving to identify temporary and permanent countermeasures for improvement.
- Using cross-functional resources, conduct kaizen events to drive efficiency in order picking, packing, and shipping. Identify areas for improvement, research and propose technological advancements and create ROI for recommended investments.
- Work with product planners and foreign warehouse entities to ensure proper inventory levels, on-time delivery to customers, and QIT metrics.
- Complete relevant work as assigned and assist on special tasks as required.
Support internal teams with operational excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management.
- 3 plus years applicable experience with general logistics protocols including management, rate negotiations and lane management.
- Detailed Knowledge of Global Shipping (Experience with all modes of transportation i.e. Ship, Air, LTL, FTL, Demonstrated expertise with Direct Import, Negotiation Skills, Understanding of NAFTA requirements, etc.)
- Results and process driven; possess excellent organization, communication (written and oral), and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to negotiate, multi-task, and drive improvements.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with EXCEL, database analysis, and experience working with ERP/MRP systems.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
- EOE, e-Verify
Primary Location: North America-United States-NJ-Carlstadt
Job Function: Manufacturing / Operations
Apply online here.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world. Our family of world class brands have unparalleled leadership positions in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including health care, environmental and communications. We are a globally diverse team of 66,000 associates united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our ultimate competitive advantage. In 2013, we generated $19.1 billion in revenue and our market capitalization exceeded $50 billion. We are ranked #152 on the Fortune 500 and, during the past 20 years, our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 Index by nearly 2,800 percent.
See all available positions at X-Rite/Pantone and apply.